Sunday, July 20, 2014

Morning Prayer

Let us begin the day by asking God to be our light and our strength ; going  also to the house of God , his temple where his light and his strength are within our reach.

Morning Prayer

O Lord , listen to my words and hear my complain,
Give heed to my Sighs, my King and my God.
From daybreak you hear my voice , from dawn
I am in your presence watching for you.
You are not a God who delights in wickedness ,
evil has no place in you . You hate all who do evil;
You destroy all speak falsehood , who thirst for blood
and live on lies ; all of them the Lord detests.
But I , by your love and grace , may come into your house.
I revence i bow down and worship at your Holy temple.
Lead me , O Lord through your path of righteousness; make your way straight
before me , for my enemies lie in wait.
Not a word of their mouth can be trusted , for their heart is full of mischief.
Their tongue flatters with deceit , but their throat is an open grave.
O Lord make them make them pay for their guilt .
Let their snares trap them. Cast them out for their many sins - for their offense and rebellion.
But for those who take refuge in you , let them ever sing and rejoice . Let your deliverance
shield them , that they may praise you in gladness - those who love your name , O Lord.
You Blessed all who live in righteousness; your favors cover them as a shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment